Friday, April 4, 2008

Since London

The same day I came back from London, Mukai and her friend Frank came to visit Berlin. We hit all the sites pretty hard on the second day, the weather was definitely with us, so I finally took the chance to see the East Side Gallery. It's a graffitide part of the wall that's left and is only a ten minute walk from my apartment and runs for about a mile. The third day we walked around all of Berlin to find some special camera with a plastic lens; this sort of mission turned out to be a great way to explore the city. We also went to Bang Bang Club, it's always fun to go, but it's more fun with Mukai because they play all the same music our favorite DJs in New York spin so every five minutes we jumped up because it was "our song," about ninety of them. 

Midterms are this week and serve as an unfriendly reminder that this is in fact study abroad and not hang out in a hip city with a bunch of cool kids. Today I even had to open Microsoft Word! That turned out not to be fun so I closed it again and used the leftover electric tape from my charger to make zebra stripes on my bicycle (pictures coming soon.)

Upcoming Plans:
next weekend I go to Latvia with my friend Sam. The tickets were really cheap and we want to find people online whose place we can crash at.

Week after that I'm going to Poland on an NYU trip.

Belgium, the Netherlands, Estonia, and Finland are also on the agenda.

No comments: