Sunday, August 3, 2008

Starting Up Again

I'm thinking about blogging again.

My summer hasn't been going at all as planned. I don't have a job, I'm not volunteering, I won't move to the city for another month, and I've gained weight.

My last weeks in Europe were a blast though, I got to see two operas and a baby polar bear while in Stuttgart. Here's a video I threw together:


I went to the zoo with my second cousin, who I had never met before that, and we had a really great time and hung out together the remaining weeks I was in Stuttgart. We watched the Euro Cup and visited Scientology to see if they're as scary as people say, they're not.

Being back in the US I've spent some time in New York and Baltimore; in fact, I just celebrated my 21st birthday in the city. Not too many of my friends were able to make it, but a good time was had by all who did.

Finally, I've signed a lease for an apartment in Williamsburg, Brooklyn and will move in September 1st, until then I'll be shuttling back and forth between Ikea and Target.

The exact direction this blog is going to take is up in the air for now, it'll probably involve lots of personal rants and occasionally pictures, once I'm back in the city and life gets more exciting I may wish to expand on that.

1 comment:

Katie J said...

Well, I'll keep you on bloglines. When do you want to get together for a belated B-day drink?


BTW, the word verification for this is xxnubby. Just thought it'd be a great name for a band.