Wednesday, March 5, 2008

What I've been up to

Sunday:
Went to a German friend's apartment for a movie night. It was really nicely decorated and she had made carrot-ginger soup, fresh waffles, and cookies.
.
Monday:
Went to an NYU movie night where we watched a German art-film that didn't make any sense.
.
Tuesday:
I went to a professional handball game because on the train we met a girl whose boyfriend plays for the "Füchse Berlin" so she hooked us up with nice tickets. It's an exciting sport that can best be described as indoor soccer where you throw the ball instead of kick it. It's Germany's second highest grossing sport after soccer.
.
Wednesday:
I went to a Mexican restaurant with friends where they have incredible burritos. I will be back every day of my stay.
.
On another note:
German unions have too much power so basically all public transport in the country (trains, buses, subways, planes) will be on halt starting Monday, possibly lasting for 2 weeks. They're demanding a 8% pay raise. Luckily Berlin airports should be ok, I plan on going to London for spring break to visit Mukai and chill with my relatives there.
.
Finally:
HILLARY!!

No comments: