Saturday, January 17, 2009

Boredom+Stress=Compulsive Planning

The stress of not having a job or internship for next semester, coupled with the boredom of not having a job or internship or school has thrown me back into compulsive planning mode.

My latest project- a trip to Romania. I've been wanting to do this for a long time now, but I've finally buckled down and done some research. I found a group of UUs that's going in June and looked at their 2 week itinerary. Ideally, I could go to Germany for a week, then hook up with this group, and subsequently go either couchsurfing in Hungary or have a beach vacation in Croatia, or permitting, both.

To make the planning more fun and poetic, I decided to write everything into a leather-bound notebook I bought many years ago. It now begins with a list of every country I've visited in my life. Then it goes into all my notes for planning any voyages I may make in the future. I already recorded research on Hungarian train schedules and average rain fall in Cluj-napoca.

To further indulge in my compulsive planning, I downloaded Google Earth and marked all the cities I would see on the 13 day UU trip. For your enjoyment, here it is:

No comments: