Saturday, February 16, 2008

Officially German


Yesterday I got my passport back from the "Meldeamt." In Germany you need to register your location with the government and they note it in your passport. As you may be able to tell in the picture, they crossed out the "West Chester" part and wrote in "Berlin." What I'm excited about is the Berlin stamp that has the signature bear in it. Monday I go back to get my Perso, a national id card that Germans are required to carry at all times.

My weekend hasn't been to exciting. Thursday I went to a technoclub on the 15th floor of a hotel. Last night I went to a wine bar where you pay 1 Euro for a glass and then you can keep pouring yourself all the wine you want. At the end of the night you put as much money as you think is fair into a big bowl.

2 comments:

Katie J said...

Hmm, I don't think that wine bar thing would work here, but it sounds very cool.

k. mukai said...

Definitely let me know where that wine place is! I want to go when I'm in Berlin...