Sunday, February 24, 2008

Balkan-Hop and I'm Getting Dumber by the Minute

Yesterday started out bad because I was just not capable of thinking.

First, I decided to make a folder on my Mac with a copy of all of my favorite music to share with my friends. I changed my mind and deleted the folder, thinking I was deleting the duplicates; then I emptied the trash to make room on my hard drive. When I went to listen to the Smiths I discovered the iTunes link was broken, as was the case with every song I liked. It took me about 2 hours to recover all the music from my ipod.

Later, I decided to hand wash the jeans I wanted to wear out. When hanging them from the radiator didn't make them dry quick enough I thought of the most ingenious idea. I remembered reading that when electronics get wet you should put them in the refrigerator, so I figured I could dry my pants by putting them in the freezer. Not so. They were rock solid and cold. I still wore them out, but it was not pleseant.

Last night I didn't go to the theater like planned, but the people I was going to go with invited me to go dancing with them. We went to an abandoned warehouse complex in Friedrichshain where there's a dance party on Saturdays. They were playing Balkan-Hop and Latin music. There was supposed to be a band too, but they couldn't make it because they're being held by immigration.

2 comments:

Katie J said...

Ok, maybe I'm just showing my age, but didn't you have anything else to wear besides ice cube jeans? I am very glad you recovered your music. THAT I definitely understand.

Anita Nickname said...

I technically had other things to wear, but then it would be like washing the jeans had been pointless.